Terms & Conditions
In these Terms & Conditions, User or Users or You means any third party that accesses this website and is not a representative of Tippaws Ltd.
By using our website and ordering you accept these Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and at our sole discretion, including in order to reflect changes in our products or services, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities. If you are a subscriber, you will be notified of any changes to the Terms and Conditions by email. If you do not agree to the changes, you may cancel your subscription in accordance with paragraph 4 of these Terms and Conditions.
Please find below an overview of the sections of the Terms and Conditions:
Who We Are
Relationship between Tippaws Ltd and the user
Cancellation Rights, Returns And Refunds
Cancelling a subscription (unsubscribing)
Price of products and how you pay for them
Competitions and promotions
Termination by us
Limitation of liability
Written communications and notifications
Governing law and jurisdiction
Using our website
1. Who we are
- Tippaws Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales and registered with number 14501010 whose registered address is 4th Floor, Silverstream House, 45 Fitzroy Street, Fitzrovia, London, UK, W1T 6EB
- We operate the website tippaws.com
- We offer online sales of cat products within the UK
- You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or requesting a call back by emailing the same email address
2. Relationship between Tippaws Ltd and the user
- Our service is intended for the use of Mainland UK residents (one-time purchases and subscription purchases);
- By ordering/subscribing to the service through our site, you confirm that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- you are at least 18 years old; and
- To order/subscribe to our service:
- you must create a user account, on which you can add and edit information relating to you and your cat(s). We reserve the right to deny the creation of your account at our sole discretion;
- to register, you must provide us with your current email address and choose a secure password for this account. You will be solely responsible for keeping your password confidential;
- you must ensure that all information provided by you upon registration and ordering is accurate and complete - including payment details and leave safe instructions;
- you must inform us of any changes to the information provided, directly on your account - this includes your payments details as we will not be able to process your order (or any further monthly orders) if we cannot take payment from your card;
- the contract for the subscription services or for a one-time purchase will be formed when we email you confirming acceptance of your subscription or your order.
- Once we have confirmed your subscription,
- you accept all recurring monthly payments until you cancel the service in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- you can cancel your subscription at any time by contacting us (see paragraph 5: cancelling a subscription).
3. Cancellation, returns and refunds
- If you are purchasing or subscribing as a consumer, and you wish to cancel your order/subscription service, you have the right to cancel your order/subscription within 14 days of receiving your product (or in the case of a subscription, receiving your first subscription order) without giving any reason under the following conditions:
- You must notify us that you wish to exercise your right to cancel within 14 days of receiving of your order. You may do this by contacting us using the details set out in paragraph 1 or in the "Contact Us" section of the website. You may use the Model Cancellation Form at the end of these Terms and Conditions, but this is not mandatory.
- Tippaws Ltd aims to acknowledge your request to cancel within 3 working days and will issue a returns label, via email, to arrange the return of your product.
- Provided that you satisfy the conditions set out in paragraph 3.A, you will not be responsible for the cost of the return if you are using our returns label and, once packaged and labelled, your item(s) can be returned via the method advised by Tippaws team. You will be responsible for any additional costs incurred by you for returning the product over and above the advised methods
- The products being returned must be unused, in particular you will lose your right to return/cancel if the bag(s) is unsealed due to hygiene reasons.
- The goods should be returned within 14 days of you telling us that you wish to cancel (pursuant to paragraph 3.A).
- Where the above applies, we will refund you within 14 days of receipt of the goods (excluding the cost of delivery to you and any additional costs incurred by you for returning the product). Please take reasonable care of the goods in your possession as we may reduce your refund of the price to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. As noted above, the bag(s) must be sealed
- If you are not exercising your right to return/cancel as described under paragraph 3.A and your product is not faulty and you wish to return your order or any part of it for any other reason you will be required to pay the costs of return (and may not be eligible for a refund).
4. Cancelling a subscription (unsubscribing)
- You may unsubscribe at any time.
- In order for the cancellation of your subscription to take effect before your next scheduled delivery date, you must unsubscribe at least 6 days before the scheduled delivery date.
- To end your subscription, you can either
- email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, any working day between 9AM and 5PM;
- live Chat us, any working day between 9AM and 5PM;
- Using the cancellation option in your Tippaws account
- Once your subscription has been cancelled, your recurring charges will stop:
- before your next scheduled delivery if cancellation happens at least 6 days prior to this (see paragraph 4.B); or
- after the next delivery if not notified at least 6 days before the next delivery (and you will still receive the next delivery).
- You will receive confirmation that your subscription has been ended via email.
5. Price of products and how you pay for them
- The price of the product will be as quoted on our site and you will be charged the applicable price at the time of delivery, except in cases of obvious errors.
- Price includes VAT.
- We reserve the right to adjust price, at our sole discretion, at any time and:
- such changes will not affect orders already sent;
- if you have subscribed, you will be notified by email of price changes before your next scheduled payment is due;
- your acceptance of deliveries after the effective date of a price change will constitute your acceptance of the price changes;
- otherwise, you will be able to cancel your subscription at any time (in accordance with the conditions stated in paragraphs 3 and 4) by contacting us as explained in 4.C
- We accept payment by debit and credit cards (see product pages for current payment methods).
- If payment does not work:
- an attempt to charge your credit card will be automatically made every 3 days until successful;
- if attempts to charge you fail for more than 18 days (i.e. 6 attempts), your subscription will be automatically cancelled without notice.
- Money back guarantee. We're confident that your cat will love our food, but we understand it's a risk when buying a new food - ultimately, you can't control if your cat will eat it! We offer a 30 day money back guarantee, to give you confidence that our food is truly loved by cats.
Here's how it works:
- Valid on 1.5kg bags only
- If your cat doesn't like our food, you can send the bag back to us
- The bag of food must be at least 80% full when it is returned
- You're responsible for paying for postage to return the food
- Once we receive the food, we'll issue you a full refund including the shipping fee
- Valid for 30 days from the date you placed the order
- Valid on first order only
- New customers only
6. Contests and promotions
- These rules apply to all contests, prize draws, promotions, and giveaways that are promoted on and run through our website, our social media channels or through other partners unless otherwise stated (each a “contest”).
- The promoter is Tippaws Ltd
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter our contests.
- Entry into the contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The applicable terms and conditions for any contest will be the terms and conditions available on our website at the time of entry into the contest.
- Eligibility and entry restrictions
- To be eligible to enter a contest, you must
- have a delivery address within Mainland UK excluding post codes we do not deliver to
- be aged 18 years or over,
- Start and closing date
- Opening date for entry will be either
- on the time and on the date specified on our website and/or social media channels, or
- on the date on which the contest is first published if nothing is specified.
- Similarly, closing for entry will be at the time and on the date specified on our website and social media channels.
- Any entries received before the opening or after the closing of the contest will be invalid and will not be entered into the contest.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries received and on the basis of any criteria specified on our website and/or social media channels in relation to the contest.
- If an entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements, that entrant will not be entitled to be the winner and to win a prize in any circumstances.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The contest and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Winners and prizes
- Prizes for each contest will be specified on our website or social media channels.
- Prize winners will be notified of the contest result by email (if address is asked for/provided) or by direct message on social media (winners must therefore ‘like’ or ‘follow’ our social media pages in order to be contacted about prizes) not more than 30 days following the closing date of the contest.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the prize winner for 14 days but if the winner fails to respond within this time, to provide an address for delivery of the prize, to meet any of the eligibility requirements or to comply with the contest terms and conditions, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
- The results of a contest will be announced on our website within 30 days following the closing date of the contest. The announcement may include the name and the town or region of residence and prize details of each prize winner as specified when entering.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Our contests on social media are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or any other social network.
- Free delivery.
- From time to time, we may offer free shipping on our website. In that case, the conditions set out in this paragraph shall apply.
- Get free delivery on all items ordered at the same time during the promotional period detailed on our website.
- This offer is not exchangeable for cash and is non-transferable.
- Tippaws reserves the right to discontinue a free delivery promotion at any time without prior notice and/or to change the amount required for eligibility.
- Discount Codes
- From time to time, we may send you a discount code or post one on our website. In that case, and in addition to any specific terms stated alongside the discount code, the conditions set out in this paragraph shall apply.
- All discount codes are applied to the value of the order (subject to any maximum stated in relation to that discount code), excluding delivery costs and are subject to our general Terms and Conditions.
- The discount code must be entered in to the Discount Code field on the basket page and applied for the discount to be deducted from the order
- Unless stated discount codes cannot be combined and only one offer can be applied to any order.
- Discount codes are limited to one use per household and will only apply to the first delivery for those customers who choose to subscribe
- Tippaws reserves the right to discontinue discount codes at any time without prior notice and/or to change the amount required for eligibility.
- Introductory offer: Introductory offers (including newsletter sign up) are only valid for new customers, one discount code can be used per household, once only. £10 minimum spend. These are only valid on one-time purchases. Customers found to use multiple email addresses to use the same code multiple times will have their accounts blocked. Please keep in mind we are a small company and so trying to game the system has a material impact on us. We appreciate you sticking to the rules and value your custom!
- We reserve the right to refuse or cancel subscription orders at our sole discretion.
- If we do so, you will only be charged for orders that have been shipped to you.
8. Limitation of liability
- You acknowledge that your use of this site and its content is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties and all liability with regard to this site and the information, services and materials contained on the site or accessed via the site.
- You acknowledge that the food provided by us is intended for cats in good health conditions. It is your responsibility as a cat owner to be aware of your cat's intolerances
- We shall not be liable for any loss or damage that results from the use of our product or service in a manner and for a purpose other than the purpose for which it is intended.
- Except for liability which we cannot limit, restrict or exclude by law we shall have no liability to you or any third party for any direct, indirect or consequential losses or damages (including loss of profits), or any other damages of any kind whether or not they are foreseeable to both you and us at the point of sale or use of our website.
- Customers should be aware that bags of food are heavy, and so extra care should be taken when accepting delivery and unpacking.
- Except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, our liability to you shall not exceed the purchase price of the product or the subscription which is the subject of any dispute between you and us.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms and Conditions operates separately. If any relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms and Conditions, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not prevent us from taking steps against you for doing those things at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment later on.
- Regarding failures of charges, please refer to paragraph 5.E.
9. Written communications and notifications
- 1 When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. You agree to this electronic means of communication.
10. Third party rights
- This contract is between the user and Tippaws. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
11. Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and in our products, whether registered or unregistered, and in the material published on our site. These works are protected by copyright laws and all such rights are reserved.
- You must not use any part of our copyright materials or other intellectual property belonging to us for commercial purposes without first obtaining a license to do so from us
- If you post comments on the products or service to any website, blog or social media network you must ensure that such comments represent your fairly held opinions.
12. Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The user and Tippaws both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
13. Using our website
- About the service and product(s) details,
- The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only and the packaging of the product may vary slightly from that shown in images.
- The product delivered will conform with its written description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for the purposes for which it is supplied.
- Purchases consist of the delivery of different offers (various amounts, for one-time purchase or on a recurring basis) detailed on the Product pages of the "Shop" section of our website.
- Concerning potential variations to the product:
- we reserve the right to make minor changes to the product without notice and at our sole discretion;
- if it is necessary to make any significant or material changes to the product for which you have a subscription we will inform you first and you will either:
- consent to the changes; or
- cancel or swap your subscription.
- Please note that, after our notice, if you continue to use the service without any active behaviour –consent or cancellation– we will consider your tacit agreement to the changes.
- About prices and shipping charges,
- All prices include statutory VAT and exclude shipping costs. We do not sell to businesses; therefore we do not issue VAT receipts, nor do we refund the VAT.
- Regarding shipping charges.
- The exact cost of delivery is determined by your postcode and the total cost of your order. All delivery costs will be set out before you finalise the purchase at checkout.
- Concerning dispatch and delivery
- This list of available postcodes within the UK will increase gradually and regularly. We encourage you to check the availability in your area from time to time.
- Before checkout, we will tell you whether we can deliver to your address.
- Unless stated otherwise in the offer or product details, we will aim to deliver in the timeframe specified on the Shipping page
- We are not responsible for changes to your delivery time due to circumstances outside of our control (e.g. adverse weather conditions or strikes). However, we will inform you as soon as possible should this situation arise.
- We reserve the right to make changes to delivery dates at our sole discretion. You will be informed by our customer care team of any such changes. If the new delivery dates are not suitable for you, you will be given the option to cancel the service before the change takes place.
- In the event that Tippaws is unable to deliver the ordered product because Tippaws itself is not supplied by its own suppliers,Tippaws may withdraw from the contract. In such a case, Tippaws shall inform the customer without delay and propose a comparable product. If a comparable product is not available, or if you do not wish to have that product delivered, Tippaws shall, without delay, reimburse payments made by you.
- In the event that supplied products are damaged when they arrive, please contact us on Tippaws on email@example.com as soon as possible to allow Tippaws to lodge a complaint with the carrier or transport insurer regarding the damage. If you fail to provide notification of damage within a specified time frame, this shall not have any effect whatsoever on your statutory rights regarding defective products.
- We will also use the contact details you provided to us to contact you in connection with your order. You must ensure that your contact details are accurate and kept up to date.
- The leave safe location specified shall be within the area of the delivery address and shall be accessible for the courier without need to enter or trespass on any private property. We will endeavour to follow any delivery instructions you provide but this cannot be guaranteed.
- We are not responsible for any damage or loss of the product from the leave safe location specified by you.
- If no leave safe instructions are specified, the order will be left in front of your door and we accept no responsibility for any damage or loss of items.
- No refund will be given for damages or losses that occur after the confirmation of delivery email has been sent.
- You may report damaged and / or missing products and non-delivery by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We make claims about the performance of our product on our website and other marketing materials such as flyers, social media, social media ads, print ads. We are transparent about the claims we make - please find below an explanation of the core claims on the website. If you still have questions about these, email email@example.com
- Taste tested - our food has been tested for palatability in a study by our manufacturing partner. In the study, our food came out as the most palatable food of the ones tested.
These website Terms and Conditions were last updated in January 2023 and supersedes any other existing version.
Annex - Model Cancellation Form
Complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract.
[Tippaws Ltd, 4th Floor, Silverstream House, 45 Fitzroy Street, Fitzrovia, London, UK, W1T 6EB]
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the Tippaws service or product,
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*]Delete as appropriate